Members Now Get 20% OFF all USGS Publications
Become a Member
Consider joining others who are tracing their family's origins on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. The Upper Shore Genealogical Society invites you to join us in the exchange of information on Eastern Shore genealogy and on genealogical research in general.
Most of our members have interests in families who lived in the counties of Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's and Talbot. Because of this, our Society has become an important means by which residents and non-residents exchange information in research of these families.
The annual membership of $25.00 per year is used to cover the costs of publishing our publications and operating expenses of the USGS Research Center. Membership dues will cover the period of one year from the time that the member pays their dues.
Join or Renew Membership
To join or renew your membership, please go to the USGS Bookstore to download the Membership Form. You can mail a check along with the form or pay with a credit or debit card using PayPal.
Gift Memberships are also available.
Benefits of Membership in the USGS
- Get 20% OFF USGS Publications - Go to the USGS Bookstore to see a list of our publications for sale.
- Chesapeake Cousins
- Receive two publications of the Society's journal (April and October).
- Free publication of queries, brick-wall research and questions in our Chesapeake Cousins journal.
- Free submission in the Chesapeake Cousins journal of pedigree charts, family Bible records, family histories, court records, and any other genealogical articles you would like to submit.
- View member submitted genealogical articles in the Chesapeake Cousins journal, including family charts, bible records, newspaper abstracts, military records, tax records, census records, family histories, depositions, pension lists, immigration lists and other various articles of genealogical and historical interest.
- Cousin to Cousin Newsletter
- Receive three of the Society's newsletters (February, June and October).
- Keep informed by newsletter of operational changes and activities, along with acquisitions of new books and family histories, meeting dates and topics and other helpful information.
- Membership-Surname Directory
- Receive two directories (January and July).
- Submit the surnames you are researching in our Member-Surname Directory and connect with other members researching similar names.
- General Meetings
- Attend five general meetings (January, March, May, September, and November).
- A forum for exchange is provided at general meetings with a problem solving session devoted to questions and answers from members who are experiencing difficulties in their genealogical research.
- Get email notifications of area genealogical events and special interests.
- List your genealogy website
- List your family genealogy website on the USGS website.
- Join many area residents and visitors who share your passion for genealogy.